Monday 7 January 2013

YouTube? Me Too!


How do I make fried rice? How do I tie a windsor knot?  How do I wrap a cat for Christmas?

These questions are just a mere dent in the pop can of life we face everyday. Human beings are wired with an inborn love of learning. We’re curious people by nature, but the fact of the matter is – we don’t know how to do a lot of things.

Before the Internet, many of us found ourselves pacing up and down the dingy isles of our school library searching for the coveted lettered encyclopaedia that would with any luck, hopefully have the answer we were looking for.

Well, I don’t know about you, but I can honestly say I can’t remember the last time I cracked the spine of a good old encyclopaedia. Whenever I need an answer to any possible question I have I turn to Google.

With the click of a button I am instantly provided with countless images and documents that pertain to the question I have asked, or the topic I have searched.

It’s just that simple.

But the question I pose to you is, if a picture is worth 1,000 words – what’s a video worth? With today’s fast pace, on-the-go, instant satisfaction society we live, no one has time to read. Obviously I'm exaggerating a little here, people still have time read, but when presented with the option of reading or watching which route would you take?


YouTube is now the second largest search engine in the world!

72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute, 500 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook, and More than 50% of videos on YouTube have been rated or include comments from the community.

It’s pretty clear that many people are choosing the road of online videos over “outdated” documents and images.

Let’s use tying a tie as an example. Would you rather read an instruction manual or watch a two-minute instructional video?

Videos are a fun and effective way to teach yourself something you didn’t know before. However, YouTube is so much more than leaning how to make guacamole or to watch a baby panda sneeze.

YouTube is an ideal way to generate website traffic and potential new business to your website or company. It provides you with a medium to target exactly whom you want, with you own personal message, and build trust with clients before they even step through your door.

We’re curious by nature and YouTube makes it easy for us to understand.

It's time your business become part of the conversation.­ If you haven’t jumped on the YouTube train quite yet, ,maybe it's time you grab your boarding pass and join the conversation.

Written by Red River - Creative Communications Program, Intern - Mike Trakalo 




No comments:

Post a Comment